Sunday, March 9, 2008

Blog post 1

I'm hoping this will be the first entry of what will turn into something long-lasting and useful... and slightly controversial b/c we all love a little feistiness in our lives.

ok so here's the deal.. I've been an art buyer/art producer for a little over 5 years now (which to some people is nothing) but I've spent quite a bit of time researching photographers and reps and reading blogs and becoming as immersed as I possibly can in the commercial photography and advertising world. And as happens in my beloved advertising world, I was laid off last week.

So after throwing myself a "Caitlin Got Canned" party and going through a slight panic mode I thought a great way to use some of my now free time is to start a blog and share my thoughts as an art buyer and get people conversing about the creative industry we are in and passionate about.

- end blog post 1

0 comments: