Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Personal Projects

Last week I read a post on Leslie Burns-Dell'Acqua's blog about personal projects.

I've been working on a project now for a few weeks which has had me researching through many...many photographers websites. While looking through the sites, I'm also looking to see who may have personal projects or blogs that feature personal work. I love looking at personal projects because it shows me not only what the certain person is passionate about but also their own creativity and ideas. Not working on a commissioned advertising or editorial project/production, but being able to go out on their own and dictate the shots they want to capture.

Here are a few that caught my eye (I cannot confirm that all of these are personal projects, but in my view they appeared that way):

Brian Finke's Flight Attendants.

Christopher Churchill's Traveling with Ghosts

Tim Simmons' Snowbank

Jill Greenberg's Monkey Portraits and End Times

Thing is, from these personal projects and exploring your own creative and new techniques can come commissioned/paying projects and jobs.
blog comments powered by Disqus